Before moving to Ohio, I lived with my mom in Mexico. Since she trusted me, I was allowed to go out anytime I wanted and almost always as late as I wanted.
However, all that ended once i moved in with my dad. The first time I was invited to a party, my dad started interrogating me about it and in the end I wasn't allowed to go. I got mad and called my mom to complain about what had happened and seh told me that I had to gain my dad's trust.
My dad had never dealt with teenagers before, he was used to seeing me only during vacations.
My sophomore year I was only allowed to go to the movies. I used to meet with my firends at the theatre and once my dad left we would go somewhere else. Since i had to get back to the theatre once the movie was over we would pick the longest movie that was playing.
I didn't like lying to my dad and doing that wasn't much fun so i decided I had to work hard at school and prove him that I deserved to hang out with my firends during the weekends. I got good grades and my dad starting trusting me more and more.
My junior year I was allowed to ride on my friends cars and stay out until midnight. To gain more trust I made sure I was always home by midnight and if I had somke trouble getting there on time I called my dad and told him I was going to be a little late.
Finally my senior year I got a car and I had the right to get homeas late as 5 a.m.
wow i wish i could've stayed out that late without them being on my case all the time lucky
ReplyDeleteI can relate to your story somehow. At some point, I messed up and lost my parents trust. Like you, I had to prove them I was responsible and smart enough to make good choices. Eventually, I gained back their trust and now we are as close as we can be!
ReplyDeleteWow, I NEVER would have been allowed to stay out that late! I think it's great that you worked at building trust in your relationship with your dad and earned your right to go out. Good job Emiliano!
ReplyDelete