This will be our class hub for discussions and short writing responses. Be respectful and have fun!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
A time I used rhetoric was when I was trying to have my granny pay for my cap and gown. At school Jostens had came and were talking about graduation and all the things we were going to need. After getting home from school, I talked to my granny about the cap and gown. She asked me how was I planning on getting the cap and gown. I hesitated for a moment and said I was hoping you were going to by it for me. She said no. I respond by saying " GRANNY, this is the only time I get to walk across the stage and if I don't have my cap and gown I can't walk." She said well, it looks like you're not going to be walking then. Then I told her like if I dont walk, its all your fault. She said no because I'm not the one who is graduating , you are. So me trying to make her feel sympathetic didnt work for me. I ended up paying for my own cap and gown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThats nice dude its no reason to get embarrassed about in class or anything like that. But its nice that your gma said yes and you were really genuine and nice to her to get it. Props dude
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that didn't work out for you! I guess she was probably trying to teach you something. Sometimes pathos is risky with family.
ReplyDelete