This will be our class hub for discussions and short writing responses. Be respectful and have fun!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Rhetoric-Piercing
For a long time now, I've wanted to get my belly button pierced. I think they are cute, easy to maintain, and easy to cover up. A lot of my friends have gotten their belly bottoms pierced; some had their parent's permission and some did not. I, personally did not want to get mine pierced behind my mother's back! Therefore, I brought it to my mom's attention. I told her that I wanted to get my belly button pierced and she looked at me as if I was crazy. I used ethos by telling her my best friend got hers pierced behind her mom's back. This was helpful somewhat because she respected me for being open and honest with her. I used logos by telling her I would pay for it and clean it. When I tried saying, "So and so mom let her get hers done", I just made things worst. Maybe if I would of left that part out she would have approved because I was not successful. Now, I'm old enough to get it on my own, but I still want her to be okay with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like that you were considerate of your mother...plus you smart for doing that because you avoided a beating lol
ReplyDeleteGood work! I like that you tried various appeals.
ReplyDelete