From the time I was about a sophomore in high school until a few months ago I pleaded my parents not to go to college. On numerous occasions I used rhetoric with my parents to let me not go. Most of the time I used logos with them. I told them how if I didnt go, they wouldnt have to pay a large sum of money for me to go away and learn. I told them that I was going to enlist in the airforce instead because it saves a ton of money, I would get to serve my country, and they would pay for my schooling when I got out.
As you can see, they were not persuaded. I then decided to go into AFROTC and I will serve my country after I get out of school.
In my opinion, this was a better option for you. Although, there is nothing wrong with joining to the airforce, College is an amazing oppurtunity you shouldn't miss. There are so many exciting things that go on. Joining the airforce after college is a better decision because the airfoce will always be there waiting for you. On the other hand, by joining the airforce first it may have been difficult to try to engage in the college life and you never want to miss out. This is the right choice!!!
ReplyDeleteI believe your parents did what they thought was best for you. I've always wanted to go to college and I'm sure my parents wouldn't have let me not come if I hadn't wanted to.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Brooke and Emiliano that college is an experience you don't want to miss! Good work, but next time I'd like to see a longer post; remember they should be ~200 words.
ReplyDeleteI think going to college first was a good idea too. You had a pretty good argument with the money situation. But, my parents wouldn't have given in to the idea either.
ReplyDelete