This will be our class hub for discussions and short writing responses. Be respectful and have fun!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
rhetorical analysis
The persuasion that i had to work was with my parents and my tattoo. Neither sides of my family has any tattoos and they just never wanted. I was the first one to mention one in my family and at first they absolutely hated the idea! Then i just kept working them. I told them what it meant to me, what and where i wanted to get, and how I was paying for the whole thing. I wanted to get a bible verse on my back, Romans 12:21 Do Not Be Over Come By Evil But Over Come Evil With Good. The thing that was their concern was the reason or motive that i wanted to get it. The thought i just wanted to get it on pure impulse but once i kept asking and working them about it they felt like it was ok that i was doing it cause i stuck to the same exact thing i wanted the whole time and they realized that it actually meant something to me. Then when they were about77 to let me get it i had to show them the cost and let them approve of that. But all in all it was worth the hassle of bugging them and persuading them to let me finally get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As another person who has tattoos I believe the commitment to a tattoo will eventually prevail. It shows that you are serious and are sure this is what you want. Getting something that you believe in also helps, so that later in life you will not regret it due to your belief in it. Such a saying or any verse from the bible for that matter can not be regretable if you're religous. I believe such a tattoo is a worthwhile and commendable.
ReplyDeleteYou are really lucky that you actually got your parent's permission to get it. Like you I also asked my parents to get a tattoo and although they thought about it they ended up saying no and the reason was that they think i didn't know what i was getting into. I ended up getting my tattoo without my parents permit but i guess like Adrian said if you really want it, your going to get it.
ReplyDeleteYes, parents are skeptical about tattoos because they realize it's a big deal and is a decision that can't be taken back. It's good that you showed them it had a lot of meaning for you! I agree with Adrian that as long as it's a thoughtful decision and has significance for you I don't see anything wrong with it.
ReplyDelete