This will be our class hub for discussions and short writing responses. Be respectful and have fun!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Freedom
As a single parent my mom was always very over protective me and my younger brother. Without the support system of a man in our lives to help protect us, she took it as her duty to pick up the slack so to say. When I began to go to high school i began to make new friends, join new groups, and invited to many events. Of course being very over protective she naturally said no to anytime i ever asked to go somewhere. I remember when i was a freshman in high school, and it was close to homecoming time. I wanted to go soooo bad, and an upperclassman had asked me to b his date. At first she kept saying no, telling me that I was too young to date, and certainly to young to go out. Well, I had to bring the big guns out! At the current time I felt that i had more than enough reasons to attend that high school event. I told her that I worked hard ad school and was currently receiving all a's in my classes, which was i fact proven by a recent progress report. I told her that I had been doing all of my house work, and that I was responsible with my school work, and presented the fact that even though I had a date, me and my friends would all be going as a group. With all the cards laid on the table, she ultimately agreed to letting me go. All in all, I used ethos and logos to persuade my mom to change her decision..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I went through the same thing with asking my mom also a single parent could I go hang out with people freshman year and I'm her only child so she really had a tough time letting go but she slowly started to realize I have to live my own life soon
ReplyDeletei truly enjoyed this blog, i know what you mean about your parents being over protective, but all in all good persuasive technique.
ReplyDeleteNice work Morgan! It's great that your mom ultimately let you go to such an important event
ReplyDelete