Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Club

Unlike most average teens from about sixteen and up, I'm one of the teens that don't really party a lot if not at all. One night in July my best friend invited me to go to a club with her. I already knew my parents wouldn't go with the idea of me going to a club, so instead I twisted a few facts when I asked my dad and said that my best friend wanted me to go to a party with her. My dad, like usual, just told me to ask my mom. When I asked my mom, using the same twisted story, she asked her main questions, who's party, who's going to chaperone, and how long is this party going to last?

After being overwhelmed by the questions I just decided to call my best friend and asked her to talk to my mom to persuade her to let me go. That's when I finally just let the truth come out when she explained. Surprisingly my mom said it was okay for me to go. Honestly, if I could rewind back to that day, I would've just told the truth from the start and things what have not been so difficult. The part that was really messed up was that it wasn't as fun as it should have been so my first club experience turned out to be the worst one.

5 comments:

  1. My first club experience was the worst too! I've only been one time. It was a thursday night, the same night of my graduation. I thought it was going to be packed and everyone would be dancing. I was wrong. It was like twenty people instead. I'm over exaggerating! ha Bottom line- It was the worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i understand where your coming from. I had to go through the same thing when I asked if I could go to the club for the first time, but it was not fun. Thats when I realized that the club scene was not for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you for being open and honest. I have twisted facts and lied to my mom in order to do certain things. I ended up getting in trouble but it was not a good feeling.Seeing this disappointment in my mother's eyes hurt me. It hurts that I hurt her. I will never do it again. You did the right thing. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling. my mom would do stuff like that too, asking tons of questions and interrogating me. convincing her was hard when it came to things that she thought was harmful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm sorry it wasn't a good experience, but you learned something from it! Good for you for being honest; it shows that getting the audience's trust is the best thing a speaker can do.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.