This will be our class hub for discussions and short writing responses. Be respectful and have fun!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Driving A Car
For me rhetoric has always been a tool I have used to get what I want. That goes especially for my parents. Whether it was money for shoes, money for cloths, or to go out to party rhetoric has always been my best friend. Yet, there were definitely times I had to step up my talk. Times such as when I wanted to drive a car at the age of fifteen. To be honest I used the best tricks I had in my book so that definitely means I used logos and pathos. For logos I just showed them how my items were well kept. So that shows I can pretty much take care of a car. I also showed them how well I did in my driver’s ed. class that way I have some form of credibility. For pathos I pretty much used this line exactly, “Mama, you know you want your favorite baby boy in a shiny new truck.” Let’s just say she was cracking up but none that less it was kind of effective. Overall I was successful from that point on you would see a fifteen year old boy riding in a Lincoln navigator. But, now that I know more about rhetoric maybe just maybe I could have turned that truck into a nice motorcycle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You really used to rhetoric to your advantage! Your parents were readily convinced by your emotional account of their love for you and your creditibility.
ReplyDeleteThat's legit dude. Its always rough like asking for the things that mean a lot and you feel are most likely to say no too. But that's sweet that you talked extra and like felt really strong about it and made sure it happened!
ReplyDeleteHaha, humor is an excellent strategy! I played the favorite card a lot with my parents as well...although it didn't always work out.
ReplyDelete