Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ear Piercing

I used my rhetoric on my mom during the summer between freshman and sophomore year I had been asking my mom could I get my ears pierced because I was given a pair of earrings that looked good so I wanted to wear them . When I first asked she said no and then asked me for reasons why I should be allowed to get my ear pierced. I told her because both of my uncles had their ears pierced and one of those uncles had both of his ears pierced. She told me they were grown and I could wait till I was old enough to go by myself and get it done. I told her that she couldn’t use that argument because in high school and I was growing up that I wasn’t the little baby she had to carry around every where anymore. Then one day after a swim meet she took me to the mall and she said okay you’re getting your ears pierced but the only way I’m allowing this is you can only get your left ear pierced and if you want the other one pierced you can do that when you’re old enough and you still want both pierced.

2 comments:

  1. This is similar to my story except I wanted and still want to get my belly button pierced. I'm happy for you and glad that your mom approved because mine is still pondering over it. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Shane, sounds like you guys struck a good compromise! I noticed your earring for the first time today in class, as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.