Sunday, September 5, 2010

Analyzing Images and Music

It doesn't matter which type of media we choose, the analytical process is always going to be similar. Our ultimate goal is to understand thoroughly the author, painter or artist's message. The difference between analyzing literature and art is the visual image. When we see something we would probably get a faster impression and clearer image of what the author wants to present. When analyzing image, we observe color tones, texture, technique...among others. On the other hand, the difference between literature and music videos is auditative, as well as visual. When we analyze music/music videos we pay attention to the speed, tone, repetition, instruments used and visual images. This combination may give us an immediate idea of what the artist wants to say. I think its easier to analyze music and art because it appeals directly to the senses, unlike black and white literature.

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree. You must still use the analytical process in order to develop your understanding. The media just gives you an extra piece of understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats true when you have both literature and a visual image you have alot more to work with in terms of analyzing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is true. I had a hard time figuring out what the difference is. But, then I realized you just have more or less to analyze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so true! It's much easier to analyze a piece of visual literature because it's right in your face and you don't have to go through the entire piece to try and figure out what the author is trying to convey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how strong the tone of your post sounds, and how confident it posits the idea that analysis is analysis regardless of the text.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great observations Claudia. I thought your comment about appealing to the senses was very savvy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.