Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stretching My Imagination

I always thought that writing was just a way to get a point across to someone, whether it was in a letter or a formal essay. Writing always came across to me as a boring way of communicating because. But during this class, I learned that there are other ways and forms of writing that are more effective and interesting. The idea of using rhetoric to make a point and communicate to people was very new to me and stretched my imagination at first. Concepts such as using Pathos, Ethos, and Logos to better persuade any type of audience are now a part of my vocabulary and writing style. I was also presented opportunities to think outside the box and explore abstract areas of the English language that I never thought of prior to this English Enrichment class. However, I think that it was a great motivation booster because now I know what I am capable as a writer and reader and am prepared for what challenges I may face later on in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.