Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Self-Evaluation As A Writer, Challenges & New Directions For The Future

Throughout this three week introduction to college level english, I can honestly say I learned that I do not know everything. Coming from a public high school in Prince George's County, Maryland, English seemed to be a breeze. I arrive to english class thinking I knew everything but in all actuality I didn't. There were so many topics that I saw before but not much that I knew very well. As a student and a writer, I now realize that I have to be open and ready to learn because I do not know everthing. I must also realize that I have the potential to write a great paper but I must pay attention to details as well as use rhetoric, structure sentences correctly, and properly organize paragraphs and information. No one is perfect so of course I faced a few challenges. I struggled with the use of citation and understanding how to properly cite a source. I also slightly struggled with my paper because I unintentionally began writing an argument instead of an analysis. I did not face many challenges, just a few. After this experience, I strongly feel as though I am prepared for success but there is always room for imporvement. I understand college has it's challenges but I believe I am strong enough to deal. I see success in my college education. There is no doubt about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.