Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Self-Evaluation

Considering the fact that Bridge's English 110.01 program was only 3 weeks long, I learned quite a bit about myself as a writer, researcher, and analyzer. I am impressed with my ability to notice details in literature that would usually go unnoticed, and that I can provide genuine insight on whatever it is that I'm writing about. I've also noticed that I am quite good at analyzing something, whether it be a piece of text, art, or media. However, I did indeed have my fair share of challenges to overcome concerning my writing habits. For example, once I start discussing a point, I tend to ramble. While it is good to be thorough and descriptive in your work, there is a limit to how much should be said. I also had a small issue with diction, especially in our most recent project. I would often choose unnecessary or hard to understand words, and I'll admit that it took a little while to change that. In general, I believe that my area of greatest improvement would be rhetorical analysis, mainly in staying on topic. Overall, I predict a positive college experience, especially if I continue to head in my current direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.