This will be our class hub for discussions and short writing responses. Be respectful and have fun!
Friday, September 3, 2010
blog 2
Stereotypes occur and are everywhere no matter who what or where you are. Stereoypes really haven't been a problem for me but one of the stereotypes that i ahve had to deal with was with literacy. Someone people make it seem that all i do is work hard and I'm not smart and illeterate and can't speak the english language correctly. They get mad that They have to press 1 for english and 2 for spanish when on the phone. That makes me the most mad because spanish was the first European language to be in America before English. So for people to get upset and angry with the matter is ignorant. Also, somethings that really bother me is that people tell hispanics to go back to your own country and how they think all hispanics are Mexican. I have to use my intelligence to show the the tru facts and let them know how things are. Its hard to break through stereotpyes but if you stay with it and you use your brains you can help start breaking it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That’s pretty awesome how Spanish was the first language I found that very interesting. I guess with time people will get used to it and all we can really do is show them that we are equal and we are here to stay.
ReplyDeleteGood points Noah; I agree with Martin that it's interesting to talk about a "native" language in America, since English was only one of many languages spoken here for a long time.
ReplyDelete