As a white boy, most people dont think that I would have stereotypes against me. If you think that, then you are wrong! Usually when people hear me speak they hear my Appalachian accent and automatically think that I am an uneducated redneck that only has sex with farm animals. This is a tad annoying.
wow that was deep I'm sorry you've had to encounter that.
ReplyDeleteThats real though and if i were you i would be annoyed too
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear that Nic. You definitely have an accent on you, but you are a cool, funny, and interesting person! And if it makes you feel better I didn't think that about you. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're absolutely right Nick! People rarely think about regional stereotypes, thanks for sharing. I get the same thing coming from West Texas (although it would probably be worse if I had an accent). I would have liked you to answer the second part of the prompt though
ReplyDelete