Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog #4, #5 Schema

My participation in the Bridge English 110.11 class has given me the opportunity to learn more about myself as a student and a writer. I learned, first and foremost, that I need structure when I write. By that I mean I need to make a well written outline before beginning my actual essay because I easily mix up my ideas. When I mix up my ideas, my essay loses validity because some of my thoughts become scattered. I don't always struggle with organization but with the essay required for class I did slightly struggle to organize my thoughts. As a student, I learned that I grasp concepts better through interaction as opposed to strictly note taking. When class discussion and note taking are coupled together, I tend to understand the topic much better. Some of my challenges appeared once I analyzed all of my passage and then went to organize my thoughts. As I mentioned before, I don't usually tend to struggle too much, but with the subject matter I chose for class I faced the challenge of best organizing my ideas and research. In college, I see myself becoming a much better writer. I think that further improving my writing abilities will take me extremely far in my college career as I venture into medical school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.