Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fried chicken and hot sauce

I personally have experienced a lot of sterotypes because of the color of my skin. I think sterotypes are so immature. People should get to know someone first before they judgethem. My favorite food is fried chicken. I say that to say this: one day in my high school class we had to go around and state our favorite food. People were saying all sorts of things which was fine because it was what they liked. So when it got around to me I said fried chicken. Then one white boy yells out and says with hot sauce right. Honestly, it took everything in me not to come out of character. I remained calm and just gave him a look and shook my head. That comment was really unneccessary, but I handled the situation well.

2 comments:

  1. Yea that comment was very, very unnecessary. You a good one because I would've been across the room in a spilt second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that you handled that well Danielle! You didn't address the second part of the prompt, though...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.