This will be our class hub for discussions and short writing responses. Be respectful and have fun!
Monday, September 6, 2010
Difference in Rhetorical Analysis
Analyzing different forms of media was interesting. In the sense of the music video one can directly see the emotions of the artist depicting his work. Their faces have more expression than just their tone in the music. Also one can watch how he or she moves to the beat. A listener can think that an up beat song is supposed to be fun or energizing, but the scenario in the video the singer can be upset about a lost love. Yet, it would be nearly impossible to understand the words compeltely without the lyrics in front of you. Plus it has to be sold to the public. There has to be a message that his/her audience can relate to. Also there has to be some sort of rhyme scheme and they will not be able to use a strong word to describe what they are thinking- whereas in literature the writer does not have a problem with that at all. Rhetorical analysis can be streched far. While analyzing written text one can feel what the author is really trying to explicate, but in a song or art you have to guess what they want to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also see where the video of the song may contribute to the comprehension of the song as a whole. You may think that it's about one thing however you may get a different view from the authors perspective.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the song and music video. I actually go through this all the time. I would think that the song would be about one thing and I would be completely wrong.
ReplyDeleteWhen analyzing it is always good to be specific. Emotions are great, but what kind? How are they expressed? I like how you go into the various ways a music video can be analyzed, I think you do talk about all the facets really well.
ReplyDeleteWell put Nataly; you have a good grasp of the various elements that create meaning in a text. I'm not sure that I agree that artists can't express themselves as well through song. It does take a lot of thought and careful word choice to do so, however.
ReplyDelete