Friday, September 3, 2010

Typical Black Person

Stereotypes affect everyday in some type of way. When I went to a predominantly white school they would ask me questions all the time and be shocked when I told them the answer. They used to ask me about rappers , food, and why black people did certain things. But when I told them that I didn't listen to rap or that I didn't eat certain foods like ribs and pigs feet they just looked at me like I was weird or something. The best way to overcome it is to just let them know that they're not true because ,most people don't know otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. I went through the same thing in elementary school. I went to a predominantly all black elementary school and the kids would talk about foods that I didn't like or never had. They would always say it was because I was mixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you mean. Stereotypes are so dumb and people don't think before they come out of their mouth. Try not to let that bother you, sometimes you have to bite your tongue and just hold back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Ariel, but you didn't address the second part of the prompt...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.